Back at it!I set out for a slow, sleepy run — just taking it easy and cruising to the new John Mayer album. Which is not surprisingly AMAZING (minus the duet with Katy Perry).
Now that I don’t live in the heart of the city, it’s a real treat (and really long route) to tread the streets around my old hood.
Everything was run-derful until I ran SMACK into a monster bee. It stung my arm and I screamed and flailed like a mad woman for about three whole minutes. Ouch.Local readers: Have you seen this house on Cathedral and Macomb and Wisconsin? After being in shambles for years, they’ve finally fixed it up! Mind blown.
Speaking of mind-blowing, Anthony and I have a new member of our family: a slow cooker!
We warmed the cooker up for the first time… to make some tender, smoky-sweet barbecue chicken!
RECIPE. So easy, so delicious!(Yes, my cup says “Run.” Another great gift!) Served with a tray of simply roasted veggies.This was such an effortless dinner… until I shoved all the veggies’ discards down the garbage disposal at once until I broke it. Plunger to the rescue.Have a great day!
- Favorite slow cooker recipe?
- Have you ever broken/clogged your garbage disposal/sink?
- Did you buy the new John Mayer album? THOUGHTS?!!!
- NPR The Salt: How many cups of coffee is too many?
- Rock Creek Runner: Fighting running demons with a mantra
- Washington Post: MCM changes to a flatter course