When the sky is the same color as the river, you know it’s humid.
I pushed through the thick air one step at a time.Virginia to DC to Maryland in one morning? A special route!Local readers: Is this not the creepiest tunnel ever? (Capital Crescent Trail)I’ve got to say this was not my best run. I made a really dumb decision not to bring any water, Gatorade, or Gu with me and I think I sweat out all of my energy by mile nine (of eleven). Hydration is something I’m trying to be better about — I have to convince myself it’s not a “weakness” to carry water with you!
Thank goodness for Dorothy and Greene Dugger. I wonder if this is them?
They are responsible for this water fountain!
Go drink some water!
- How do you hydrate during longer runs?
- Do you drink out of water fountains or find them gross?
- What’s the highlight of your day?!
- Washington Post: US Runner Mary Slaney revisits her painful fall in ’84 Olympics documentary
- NPR The Salt: Three ways cooking has changed in the last 300 years
- Runner’s World: List of running quirks (not that exciting but I think it’s growing)