The sun is getting sleepier these days. Which means I have a better chance of seeing the city wake up!
One of the many benefits of being a runner? You’re more in tune with nature. Before I started running I had no idea about sunrise time, dew point, wind chill, pollen levels… now, I’m pretty much Weather Woman. Okay, not really. But it is wonderful to get outside and see what the world has in store for me every day. If I went to the gym and sat in an office all day, I wouldn’t appreciate the outdoors as much.
Anyways enough natural awe. I kept it cool and covered a classic five miles with Miriam and Leah this morning. I’m saving my strength for the Track Championships tonight!
I’m out in Courthouse pretty permanently now. Not quite as interesting street sights, but definitely a better, quieter night’s sleep.I don’t know what got into me this week but I’ve been on a cooking craze. Last night’s star feature:I spotted this Whole Living creamy white bean broccoli soup recipe and chose it because it was quick, cheap, and healthy. So healthy that I had to add a slice of bacon.To be honest, I had low hopes for this soup. I mean — beans, broccoli, and onion? That’s it? BUT it was incredibly delicious. Mind blown.Cheese and pine nuts gave it some salty goodness — and a slice of buttered bread dipped its way in, too.Get outside, and try something healthy! Both might pleasantly surprise you.
- What’s one “healthy” food that is surprisingly delicious? i.e. I’m looking for some vegetable that actually tastes like chocolate pie.
- Have you ever done a one-mile race? What’s the fastest mile you’ve ever ran?
- What do you love/hate about running outdoors?
- Walk Run Jog: Tips for running on vacation
- Food52: Ten ways to eat raw vegetables
- Runner’s World: How much do pro runners make?