When was the last time you ran through sprinklers?
Thank you, Argonne Apartments, for providing the entertainment and refreshment!
More entertainment was provided by the Wednesday morning ladies’ group. One day I’ll get a picture of all three of us, if I can find someone awake and willing at 6 a.m. Since Leah and I were looking sleek in black this morning, we got to be the photo stars.
Also per our heated discussion the other week, I have decided that some days are meant for running in sports bras.In other fashion news, I tried the braid!And sorry guys, but it failed. It kept whipping around and hitting me in the face — too much weight concentrated in one space! The glory of the ponytail is that your hair’s weight is more widely distributed. This is pure science. I think next time I am going to try the tight bun, but will I look like a ballerina instead of a runner?!
Just kidding. Ballerinas don’t play hopscotch.Meridian Hill park is covered in chalk drawings. Perfect motivation for my end-of-run striders!
And as if good friends and fun perks weren’t enough motivation, check out what a gorgeous day we have today.
And then check out this ice cream that Catherine and I dove into last night. Stay cool, peeps.
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- The last child-like thing you did (sprinklers, hopscotch, etc)?
- Do you wear colorful or more neutral workout gear?
Of interest/for entertainment:
- Washington Post: Bachelorette contestant Chris Bukowski opening bar in Clarendon
- NPR’s The Salt: In Argentina, Coca Cola tests “green” coke
- Letsrun.com’s famous forums: Tempo runs: length vs. speed