Morning!After two months of traveling, moving, new jobs, and injuries, me and my two favorite running friends have finally reunited. Thumbs up for ultra sweaty 6 a.m. hangouts!You guys. It is freaking hot and humid outside. Although we spent a lot of energy chitchatting this morning, I could definitely feel the high temps and moist morning air dragging me down — especially toward the end of my run!
I’ve written about this before, but it’s pretty interesting to look at the data behind climate and running performance. According to this Runner’s World article, high temps and humidity can add extra minutes to your marathon time. Not shocking information, of course, but here’s the stats: for every for every 10-degree increase above 55 degrees, there’s a 1.5 percent to 3 percent increase in average finishing time for a marathon.
Good thing I was well under 26.2 miles today!
But enough about today — let’s recap last night! I met up with Sophie, who blogs at Life’s Philosophie.We went to St. Ex, an old hangout that never dies.Beers were had, blogging was discussed, and bonding occurred. It’s always so nice to meet other bloggers in real life!Speaking of real life, I need to get back to it now. Have a great day!
- Do you tend to visit the same bars/restaurants over and over, or always try new spots?
- How do you cope with running in the heat?
- What are you most looking forward to today?
- Runner’s World: Power-producing shoe insert
- Active Life DC: Seven DC resources for active people on a budget
- Washingtonian: Food Diaries: How BodyPump instructor Monica Trauzzi eats