Technically, yesterday was the longest, sunniest day of summer here in the northern hemisphere. But the day after is looking pretty bright, too.
I think the trick (for me, at least) to not hating yoga is to do it outside. Luckily my apartment has a lovely rooftop designed for doing just so.Other than the hum of A/C units and the roar of Friday morning dump trucks, it was actually quiet peaceful. I did this “Hips, Hearts, and Hamstrings” video from YogaDownload.com and was pretty happy with my virtual experience.
As every post I’ve written in the past 1.5 years would suggest, running is my favorite activity; but I do like to change it up with other sweaty activities sometimes. So the other day when I Off Road Cycling invited me to their studio (on behalf of Active Life DC), I was like… duh. Yes.
I signed up for the Sunday “Sufferfest” class, which was a two-hour torture session that really worked the legs. And the heart. And the mind. To be honest I usually don’t like spinning classes very much. But this one was actually very awesome. Engaging, fun, and not cult-like. Great music and a full-screen video to keep the class going!Everyone was so welcoming and the instructor was kind enough to take a sweat-tastic photo with me. Now that shows some real passion.You can read a full recap of the class here!
And because it’s FRIDAY, here are a dozen donuts. Gosh I have a difficult day job.Yes, that is bacon you see there on the left.
Have a great weekend!
- What’s the most important feature of a yoga class, to you?
- Would you ever want to live in one of those countries where there’s 6 months of sunlight and then 6 months of darkness?
- What’s the ONE thing you’re looking forward to the most this weekend?
- Running Times: Traits of successful runners
- What Dress Code: Summer grilling: shrimp tacos with peach salsa
- DCist: The best quick trips away from DC